This is an opportunity where you can learn and develop in a highly skilled British manufacturing environment.
The Cabinet Maker will provide a vital link between Design and Production and they will work alongside the Design and Engineering teams. Following a weekly prototyping schedule, the Prototyping Technician will develop new and bespoke products and work closely with the development upholsterer to achieve a final product that can be issued to production.
The ideal candidate will have furniture making experience and will be a confident wood working machinist. They will be self-motivated and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy the design development process. They will be confident in their approach and be able to work both individually and as a team.
Key Skills and responsibilities:
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Offering new solutions to processes and structural considerations.
- Ability to problem solve and find both short term and long term solutions.
- Confident operating wood machinery such as spindles, thicknessers, boring machines, dimension saw, lathes and sanding equipment.
- Providing detailed frame specifications to Design and Production
- Recording all frame sundries
- Providing and understanding accurate costing information
- Good written and verbal communication
Please apply by email with CV to the Production Manager, Gareth Stephenson, email@example.com