This is an opportunity where you can learn and develop in a highly skilled British manufacturing environment.
We design and manufacture timber seating for the Hospitality, Cruise and Workplace markets and are looking for a Prototyping Technician to join our team. This is an opportunity where you can learn and develop in a highly skilled British manufacturing environment.
The Prototyping Technician will provide a vital link between Design and Production and they will work alongside the Design and Engineering teams. Following a weekly prototyping schedule, the Prototyping Technician will develop new and bespoke products and work closely with the development upholsterer to achieve a final product that can be issued to production.
The ideal candidate will have furniture making experience and will be a confident wood working machinist. They will be self-motivated and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy the design development process. They will be confident in their approach and be able to work both individually and as a team. Alignment with our company values of Design-Led, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity will also be key.
Key Skills and responsibilities:
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Offering new solutions to processes and structural considerations.
- Ability to problem solve and find both short term and long-term solutions.
- Confident operating wood machinery such as spindles, thicknessers, boring machines, dimension saw, lathes and sanding equipment.
- Providing detailed frame specifications to Design and Production and management of First Batch Run process (controlling the product in production)
- Recording all frame sundries
- Providing and understanding accurate costing information
- Good written and verbal communication
- Timing new and standard products in order to determine best practice and best flow.
- Complete cost benefit analysis to prove the best method or machine to get the best result.
- Using Lean Principles to challenge the current status quo of how items are produced and delivering continuous improvement processes and implementing change.
- To recruit an apprentice in to prototyping after 6 months and provide and training and induction plan.
- To train and mentor new and current employees
Please apply by email with CV to the Design Manager, Erin Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org